Monday, September 27, 2010

Slacking Off

Guess I have not been diligent about keeping up with my blog.  Part of it was due to my having to stay in the kennel because my PA took Sammy, Sandie, Zoe, Pumpkin and Bailey off to a dog show at Purina Farms.  Ms. Sandie did very well and picked up some additional points towards her championship.  Good job Sandie.  I hear Pumpkin and Bailey did very well for their first time at a big show.  Pumpkin went along just for fun as she will be leaving for her new home in California and her own big sister, Darby, who is my daughter and Sammy's sister.

I haven't been to a dog show for a long time.  I retired from the show ring about 5 years ago.  I don't miss it that much (not like Glacier, who is almost 12 and wants to get in the car every time my PA leaves for a show), but I do miss the fun of being in the motel and sleeping on the bed and getting bully sticks to chew on.

3 comments:

Boo21's Mom said...

I don't know HOW your PA keeps up with all of you, Rocco. Did she tell you that Erika (Bonnie's mom) got a ferret and named it Rocco! I hope he grows up as handsome as you are. I think Darby is such a mix of you and her mom. Her coloring and freckles are like her mom, but there is something in her eyes and the tilt of her head that make me think of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Dad,
Missed you. Glad you're back! I wish we had a lot of other corgis living with us. It gets lonely around here, but I do have Luke! He's fun to play with. Take care!
Buddy

Rocco said...

Buddy Boy,

Just be patient. My PA is working on a play pal just for you. You may have to wait until Spring, but that is a good time to have a new friend.

Dad